Saturday, September 1, 2007

Introduction


My name is 'Chad' [name has been changed to protect the innocent, guilty and a special sheep I met last Thursday called 'Flossy'], and I'm a volunteer Fire Instructor. This is my blog.

Let's start at the beginning... well, not at the beginning, but at the inception of why I wanted to write a blog about this in the first place.

I wanted to keep a journal of this process for one of three reasons: 1.) Either I could look at it 20 years from now and laugh at what a poser I was, 2.) People could read it at my (or my students') funeral and try to eke out some sort of meaning for the life that was snuffed out in the first-ever fire-school death brought on by uncontrollable laughter, or 3.) I found out one of my student's has been writing a blog of his own, so I wanted to share the Instructor's Perspective.

Plus, I'll get to publicly make fun of people, and they might even read about it!

No comments: